- Die casting is a metal casting process, which is characterized by using a mold cavity to apply high pressure to the molten metal. Molds are usually made of higher-strength alloys, and this process is somewhat similar to injection molding.
- Sand casting is to use sand to make molds. Sand mold casting requires putting a finished part model or a wooden model (pattern) in the sand, and then filling it with sand on the weekend of the pattern. After the pattern is taken out of the box, the sand forms a mold. In order to take out the model before casting the metal, the casting mold should be made into two or more parts; during the manufacturing process of the casting mold, holes and vent holes for casting the metal into the casting mold must be left to synthesize the casting system. After pouring the metal liquid into the mold, keep it for an appropriate time until the metal solidifies. After the parts were taken out, the mold was destroyed, so a new mold must be made for each casting.
- Investment casting, also known as lost wax casting, includes processes such as pressing wax, repairing wax, assembling trees, dipping slurry, melting wax, casting molten metal, and post-processing. Lost wax casting is to use wax to make a wax mold of the part to be cast, and then coat the wax mold with mud, which is a mud mold. After the clay molds are dried, they are baked into pottery molds. Once roasted, the wax molds are all melted and lost, leaving only the pottery molds. Generally, a pouring port is left when making a mud mold, and then molten metal is poured from the pouring port. After cooling, the required parts are made.
- Die forging is a forging method that uses a mold to form a blank on a dedicated die forging equipment to obtain forgings. According to different equipment, die forging is divided into hammer die forging, crank press die forging, flat forging machine die forging, friction press die forging and so on. Roll forging is a plastic forming process in which materials undergo plastic deformation under the action of a pair of counter-rotating dies to obtain the required forgings or blanks. It is a special form of forming rolling (longitudinal rolling).
- Forging is a processing method that uses forging machinery to apply pressure to metal blanks to produce plastic deformation to obtain forgings with certain mechanical properties, certain shapes and sizes, and one of the two major components of forging (forging and stamping). Forging can eliminate defects such as loose as-cast during the smelting process and optimize the microstructure. At the same time, due to the preservation of the complete metal streamline, the mechanical properties of forgings are generally better than those of castings of the same material. For the important parts of related machinery with high load and severe working conditions, in addition to simpler shapes that can be rolled, profiles or welded parts, forgings are mostly used.
- Rolling Also known as calendering, it refers to the process of shaping the metal ingot through a pair of rollers. If the temperature of the metal exceeds its recrystallization temperature during rolling, then this process is called "hot rolling", otherwise it is called "cold rolling". Calendering is the most commonly used method in metal processing.
- Centrifugal casting is a technology and method for injecting liquid metal into a high-speed rotating mold, so that the molten metal fills the mold and forms a casting under the action of centrifugal force. The casting mold used in centrifugal casting, according to the shape, size and production batch of the casting, can choose non-metallic type (such as sand mold, shell mold or investment shell mold), metal mold or coating layer or resin sand layer in the metal mold Of casting.
- Squeeze casting, also known as liquid die forging, is to inject molten metal or semi-solid alloy directly into an open mold, and then close the mold to generate filling flow to reach the outer shape of the part, and then apply high pressure to make the The solidified metal (shell) produces plastic deformation, the unsolidified metal is subjected to isostatic pressure, and high-pressure solidification occurs at the same time, and the final product or blank is obtained. The above is direct squeeze casting; and indirect squeeze casting refers to the molten metal Or a semi-solid alloy is injected into a closed mold cavity through a punch, and high pressure is applied to crystallize and solidify under pressure to form a final product or blank.
- Continuous casting is a casting method that uses a through mold to continuously pour liquid metal at one end and continuously pull out the molding material from the other end.
- Drawing is a plastic processing method that uses external force to act on the front end of the metal to be drawn to pull the metal blank from the die hole smaller than the cross-section of the blank to obtain a product of the corresponding shape and size. Since drawing is mostly performed in a cold state, it is also called cold drawing or cold drawing.
- Stamping is a forming method that relies on presses and molds to apply external force to plates, strips, pipes and profiles to cause plastic deformation or separation, so as to obtain workpieces (stamping parts) of the required shape and size.
- Metal Injection Molding (MIM) is a new type of powder metallurgy near-net molding technology derived from the plastic injection molding industry. As we all know, plastic injection molding technology produces various products with complex shapes at a low price. However, the strength of plastic products is not high. In order to improve its performance, metal or ceramic powder can be added to the plastic to obtain products with higher strength and good wear resistance. In recent years, this idea has evolved to maximize the content of solid particles and completely remove the binder and densify the compact in the subsequent sintering process. This new powder metallurgy forming method is called metal injection molding.
- Turning processing means that lathe processing is a part of mechanical processing. Lathe processing mainly uses a turning tool to turn a rotating workpiece. Lathes are mainly used for machining shafts, discs, sleeves and other workpieces with rotating surfaces, and are the most widely used type of machine tool processing in machinery manufacturing and repair factories. Turning is a method of cutting the workpiece on the lathe by rotating the workpiece relative to the tool. The cutting energy of turning is mainly provided by the workpiece rather than the tool. Turning is the most basic and common cutting method, and it occupies a very important position in production. Turning is suitable for machining revolving surfaces. Most of the workpieces with revolving surfaces can be processed by turning methods, such as inner and outer cylindrical surfaces, inner and outer conical surfaces, end faces, grooves, threads, and revolving forming surfaces. The tools used are mainly turning tools.
- Milling processing is to fix the blank, and use a high-speed rotating milling cutter to move on the blank to cut out the required shapes and features. Traditional milling is mostly used to mill simple shapes/features such as contours and grooves. CNC milling machines can process complex shapes and features. The milling and boring machining center can perform three-axis or multi-axis milling and boring processing, which is used for processing, molds, inspection tools, molds, thin-walled complex curved surfaces, artificial prostheses, blades, etc. When selecting the content of CNC milling processing, the advantages and key functions of the CNC milling machine should be fully utilized.
- Planing processing is a cutting processing method that uses a planer to make a horizontal relative linear reciprocating motion on the workpiece, which is mainly used for the shape processing of parts. The precision of planing is IT9~IT7, and the surface roughness Ra is 6.3~1.6um.
- Grinding processing Grinding refers to a processing method that uses abrasives and abrasive tools to remove excess material on the workpiece. Grinding is one of the more widely used cutting methods.
- Metal deposition is somewhat similar to the "squeezed butter" type of fused deposition, but it is sprayed out of metal powder. While spraying metal powder materials, the nozzle also provides high-power laser and inert gas protection. In this way, it will not be limited by the size of the metal powder box, and can directly manufacture larger-volume parts, and it is also very suitable for repairing locally damaged precision parts.
- Roll forming The rolling forming method uses a set of continuous stands to roll stainless steel into complex shapes. The sequence of the rollers is designed such that the roller profile of each frame can continuously deform the metal until the desired final shape is obtained. If the shape of the component is complex, up to thirty-six racks can be used, but for simple-shaped components, three or four racks are sufficient.
- Die-cutting is the blanking process. The film formed by the previous process is positioned on the male die of the punching die, and the die is closed to remove the excess material, and the 3D shape of the product is retained to match the mold cavity.
- Die-cutting process-knife die cutting process, the film panel or circuit is positioned on the bottom plate, the knife die is fixed to the template on the machine, and the force provided by the machine's downward pressure is used to control the blade to cut the material. The difference between him and the punching die is that the cut is smoother; at the same time, by adjusting the cutting pressure and depth, it can punch out indentation, half-break and other effects. At the same time, the low-cost mold operation is more convenient, safer and faster.
Please keep the source and address of this article for reprinting: 20 Kinds Of Metal Machining And Forming Technology Introduction
Minghe Die Casting Company are dedicated to manufacture and provide quality and high performance Casting Parts(metal die casting parts range mainly include Thin-Wall Die Casting,Hot Chamber Die Casting,Cold Chamber Die Casting),Round Service(Die Casting Service,Cnc Machining,Mold Making,Surface Treatment).Any custom Aluminum die casting, magnesium or Zamak/zinc die casting and other castings requirements are welcome to contact us.
Under the control of ISO9001 and TS 16949,All processes are carried out through hundreds of advanced die casting machines, 5-axis machines, and other facilities, ranging from blasters to Ultra Sonic washing machines.Minghe not only has advanced equipment but also have professional team of experienced engineers,operators and inspectors to make the customer’s design come true.
Contract manufacturer of die castings. Capabilities include cold chamber aluminum die casting parts from 0.15 lbs. to 6 lbs., quick change set up, and machining. Value-added services include polishing, vibrating, deburring, shot blasting, painting, plating, coating, assembly, and tooling. Materials worked with include alloys such as 360, 380, 383, and 413.
Zinc die casting design assistance/concurrent engineering services. Custom manufacturer of precision zinc die castings. Miniature castings, high pressure die castings, multi-slide mold castings, conventional mold castings, unit die and independent die castings and cavity sealed castings can be manufactured. Castings can be manufactured in lengths and widths up to 24 in. in +/-0.0005 in. tolerance.
ISO 9001: 2015 certified manufacturer of die cast magnesium, Capabilities include high-pressure magnesium die casting up to 200 ton hot chamber & 3000 ton cold chamber, tooling design, polishing, molding, machining, powder & liquid painting, full QA with CMM capabilities, assembly, packaging & delivery.
ITAF16949 certified. Additional Casting Service Include investment casting,sand casting,Gravity Casting, Lost Foam Casting,Centrifugal Casting,Vacuum Casting,Permanent Mold Casting,.Capabilities include EDI, engineering assistance, solid modeling and secondary processing.
Casting Industries Parts Case Studies for: Cars, Bikes, Aircraft, Musical instruments, Watercraft, Optical devices, Sensors, Models, Electronic devices, Enclosures, Clocks, Machinery, Engines, Furniture, Jewelry, Jigs, Telecom, Lighting, Medical devices, Photographic devices, Robots, Sculptures, Sound equipment, Sporting equipment, Tooling, Toys and more.
What Can we help you do next?
∇ Go To Homepage For Die Casting China
By Minghe Die Casting Manufacturer |Categories: Helpful Articles |Material Tags: Aluminum Casting, Zinc Casting, Magnesium Casting, Titanium Casting, Stainless Steel Casting, Brass Casting,Bronze Casting,Casting Video,Company History,Aluminum Die Casting |Comments Off